Office of the Village Clerk

4324 Corrales Road, Corrales, New Mexico
phone: 505-897-0502 fax: 505-897-7217

John Avila, Village Administrator 

Jennifer Hise, Village Clerk 

Mille Maez, Receptionist

Village of Corrales, New Mexico

Holiday Schedule 2014
Resolution 14-59
New Year’s Day (1 Jan 2015) Thursday, January 1, 2015
Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday Monday, January 19, 2015
Memorial Day Monday, May 25, 2015
Independence Day Friday, July 3, 2015 (Observed)
Labor Day Monday, Sept 7, 2015
Columbus Day (13 Oct) Thursday,December 24,2015
Veteran’s Day (Monday- Nov. 11) Wednesday, November 11, 2015
Thanksgiving Day Thursday, November 26, 2015
President’s Day (17 Feb) Friday, November 27, 2015
Christmas Day Friday, December 25, 2015


The Village Clerk supervises the day to day administrative functions of the Village Office including the postings, attends all Governing Body meetings and submits minutes of each meeting for approval to the Governing Body, maintains all public records and archives, receives all requests for inspection of Public Records, and administers all municipal elections.

Inspection of Public Records Click Here to download the form.
Resolution 11-048 designating Official Custodian of Public Records and fee schedule Click Here to download the PDF file.

14-2-1 N.M.S.A. describes to the right to inspect public records and exceptions.
Every person has a right to inspect any public records of this state except:

  1. Records pertaining to physical or mental examinations and medical treatment of persons confined to any institutions;
  2. Letters of reference concerning employment, licensing or permits;
  3. Letters or memorandums which are matters of opinion in personnel files or students cumulative files;
  4.  Law enforcement records that reveal confidential sources, methods, information or individuals accused but not charge with a crime. Law enforcement records include evidence in any form received or complied in connection with any criminal investigation or prosecution by any law enforcement or prosecuting agency, including inactive matters or closed investigations to the extent that they contain the information listed above;
  5. As provided by the Confidential Materials Act [14-3A-1, 14-3A-2 NMSA 1978]; and
  6. As otherwise provided by law.

Upon receipt of a written request for public records, the inspection shall be permitted immediately or as soon as is practicable under the circumstances, but not later than fifteen days after receiving a written request.  If the inspection is not permitted within three business days, the custodian shall explain in writing when the records will be available for inspection or when the public body will respond to the request.  The three-day period shall not begin until the written request is delivered to the office of the Village Clerk.  Documents that are 11” x 17” or smaller may be purchased for one dollar ($1.00) per page. Click Here to download the form.


Home Occupations, Business Registrations & Renewals

Business Licensing:
In accordance with Chapter 10, Article II of the Code of Ordinances for the Village of Corrales, all persons who propose to engage in business within the municipal limits of the Village of Corrales shall apply for and pay a Business Registration fee for each outlet, branch, or location within the municipal limits prior to engaging in business unless otherwise exempted. Many businesses in the Village are based in residents’ homes. When that is the case, both a Home Occupation Permit and a Business Registration fee are required. If the business is located on a commercially zoned property, only the annual Business Registration fee is required. The following are the procedures for applying for the permits and licenses.

A Business Registration Applications must be completed each and every year that you apply to do business in the Village. Information changes and the Village is trying to keep updated information on the database. Incomplete applications will be returned to the applicant. If you wish your business to be listed on the Village web site ensure that you submit the web site information page along with your Business Application.

If you wish your business to be listed on the Village web site ensure that you submit the web site information page along with your Business Application.

If your business will be based out of your home you must receive approval from the Planning and Zoning Department. Once you have received approval for a Home Occupation Permit, you must next complete the 2014 NEW Business Registration Application and return it with your $35.00 Business Registration Fee (Chapter 10, Sec. 10-29 of the Code of Ordinances) to the Village Clerk’s Office. Please note that a New Mexico Gross Receipts Tax Number (CRS #) is required before a Business License can be issued. That number can be obtained from the New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department Office at 5301 Central Ave., NE in Albuquerque, you may pick up an application at the Village Office but you must take it or mail the application. Any questions concerning the CRS # should be directed to the Taxation and Revenue Department at 505-841-6200. Failure to obtain a Business License within three (3) months of your Home Occupation approval will result in the revocation of the Home Occupation Permit. You will then have to re-file your Home Occupation application with a new payment of $35.00 (Chapter 18, Sec. 18-45 (c)(5)).

The Business Registration fee of $35.00 is an annual fee, which is assessed every year. Each year renewal invoices are mailed in February and the deadline for renewal is March 16. Failure to renew by the deadline will result in an additional $10.00 late fee.

If you have any further questions, please contact the Village Municipal Offices.

2014 NEW Business License Application

Home Occupation Application.pdf

Temporary Vendor Permit.pdf

Voter Registration & Information:

The Village Clerk administers all municipal elections. Municipal elections are held on the first Tuesday in March on even numbered years. In 2008 Corrales residents elected to go to Municipal Districts for local municipal elections. The boundaries for the voters districts and county precincts are not the same due to the State law regarding creation of districts.

Responsibilities of the Village Clerk include securing the necessary polling places, seeing that all necessary supplies and equipment are ordered, obtaining from the county clerk the lists of qualified voters, holding an election school for precinct workers, making sure that everything necessary is present at each polling place prior to the opening of the polls on election day, and receiving the returns from each precinct after the polls close. In addition, the Clerk is responsible for canvassing the returns and certifying the results of the election.

There are six county Precincts (11, 12, 13, 53, 54, 57) within the Village limits. Residents vote in the county precincts when voting in national, state and county elections. Sandoval County will designate where the polling locations will be for each election.

There are six districts (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) within the Village limits. The districts are usually consolidated into centralized polling places in the Village which change each election year. If you are interested in volunteering as a poll worker please contact the Village Clerk at 897-0502.

The voting locations for the March 4, 2014 will be consolidated into one Voting Convenience Center located at the Parks and Recreation Center at 500 Jones Road, Corrales New Mexico.

District 1, 3, 4 One Councilor for each District Corrales Recreation Center, located at 500 Jones Road
All 6 Districts One Mayor Corrales Recreation Center, located at 500 Jones Road
The following question(s) shall be submitted at the regular municipal election:
All 6 Districts 1. Whether the Village of Corrales should issue a General Obligation bond in the amount of $500,000 to establish a wastewater utility revolving loan fund to assist property owners in connecting to the installed wastewater collection line in the high density service area along Corrales Road between Wagner Lane and Meadowlark Lane and to provide a fund for future improvements of, and connections to, the wastewater utility system?  YES   NO
2.  Whether the Village of Corrales should issue a General Obligation bond in the amount of $1,500,000 to expand existing wastewater utility service and plan, design, and construct collection lines to the immediate needs areas where lots of less than ¾ acres are to be served?  YES     NO

You may download Election Resolution 13-045 here, in English or en Español.

 You can view/download the Corrales Municipal Voting Districts here Voter District Map . If you are not sure which municipal district or county precinct you are in you can check the State of New Mexico website -Voter View to verify your voter registration and voting district/precinct.

Anyone who is interested in registering to vote may do so in the Office of the County Clerk:

Sandoval County Clerks Office
711 Camino del Pueblo
Bernalillo, New Mexico


Vector Control (Mosquito Spraying)

Vector Control (Mosquito Spraying) season begins mid-April and continues through mid-September of every year in the Village of Corrales. Sandoval County and Bernalillo County Vector Control technicians fog in the Village during the spraying season, Sandoval County sets the days and times of the spraying. Any resident who wants more information on the Vector Control Program may call Sandoval County at 269-0372.The general area to be sprayed is the entire limits of the Village of Corrales with exception given to those residents not wanting vector control and who have “No Spraying” signs visible for the technicians viewing. The Corrales Bosque Preserve is not sprayed.

Those residents who choose not to have their property sprayed may go to the Village Offices during regular office hours (Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 4:30 pm) to request that the public right-of-way abutting their real property be omitted from the fogging route. The “No Spraying” signs will be available for a $20.00 charge for those residents who request them. Any resident who wants more information on the Vector Control Program may call Sandoval County at 269-0372.